As the sun sets and the day’s hustle fades, the time comes to find sanctuary in the nightly routine. These moments of clarity are all about ending the day prepared for the wonders of tomorrow with the charge left in the battery.
Our approach to well-being is rooted in the philosophy of sophisticated simplicity. Every routine should be seamlessly refined – from every gentle flicker of a scented candle to the soothing warmth of a lovingly crafted bath oil.
We’re going to explore the various evening practices that can transform your nights into a haven of peace. And, with the right ambiance, can even promote relaxation and a deep sense of well-being.
Let’s take a look at an evening routine that unwinds the body, elevates the spirit, and reflects the elegance that Charles Farris has always stood for.
- Set the scene with a calm environment
- Nourish the stomach and soul
- Prepare for restful sleep
Set the scene with a calm environment
A calm environment establishes what your evening well-being routine will become, and the right lighting can dramatically alter a space, affect mood, and even impact our circadian rhythms. Here are some tips to consider:
- Dim the lights – As evening approaches, start to dim the lights to help signal your body that it’s time to wind down.
- Warm tones – Speaking of lighting, warm-toned bulbs work best for relaxation over cooler-toned ones. Reminiscent of a sunset, they create a cozy, inviting atmosphere.
- Try candles – Leave the room light; try a candle. The gentle flicker will immediately soothe and create that much-needed sense of calm and intimacy.
Soothing scents for relaxation, energy, and clarity
As well as lighting, scent has a powerful effect on your emotions and can be ideal for transforming your space into one of tranquility.
Ylang-Ylang is widely known for its relaxing properties, ideal for a calming evening routine. Its soft, floral scent reduces stress and promotes peace of mind, whereas a fresh scent like spearmint will invigorate, clear the mind, and help with deep breath exercises.
Carefully choose your scent and lighting based on your personal preferences to create the best environment to nurture ambiance and restoration.
Nourish the soul and stomach
Nighttime cravings are common for many of us, but with the right ideas in mind, you can satisfy those cravings while staying true to your evening routine.
One big example is herbal tea. Long known as a cornerstone of evening relaxation rituals, herbal teas are celebrated for their natural properties that promote calmness and well-being.
Chamomile, lavender, and peppermint are all popular choices, each with their own unique properties, such as relaxation, relief from stomach bloat, and anxiety reduction
Then there are the snacks. The right snack before bed can satisfy that hunger whilst contributing to a better night’s sleep.
- Almonds – Rich in magnesium and healthy fats, almonds can promote sleep and heart health; even a small handful can stabilize blood sugar levels overnight.
- Bananas – Famously good for potassium, bananas can ease overstressed muscles, and their vital amino acids can aid in sleep.
- Greek yogurt – High in protein and calcium, this can be a great pre-bed snack thanks also to its probiotics that are ideal for gut health.
- Cottage cheese – Packed with slow-releasing protein, cottage cheese can keep hunger pangs at bay throughout the night, all while repairing and growing muscles.
Ending the day on a positive note with a journal in hand
Journaling as the day comes to a close can be a powerful tool for emotional release and clarity. More than just chronicling the day’s events, journaling allows you to indulge in self-discovery and reflection.
Find a comfortable, serene spot where your thoughts are given the freedom to flow freely. Then, a simple notebook and pen are all you need.
As you journal, allow yourself to delve beyond the surface of the day. Reflect on moments that brought joy, challenges that tested your resilience, and the small victories that may have otherwise gone overlooked.
Journaling isn’t just about recounting the day’s events; it’s more about understanding your reactions and emotions towards them. This can offer surprisingly profound insight into personal growth and emotional well-being.
Make time for clarity with Charles Farris
We believe that moments of tranquillity are only ever arm’s length away; it just takes some effort to really reach out and grab it.
We also think that these moments are perfected when all the senses are aligned. Imagine, for example, ending your day surrounded by the subtle aromas of a luxury-scented candle or enriching bath oil.
Let’s really embrace routine as part of our daily schedule – cherished rituals that nourish our souls and set the stage for a serene night and fresh tomorrow.