Charles Farris Ltd was established in 1845 as a chandlers, originally manufacturing candles for the institutions and people of London. It’s tradition of candle-making artisanship continues to this day in rural Wiltshire whilst it still holds a retail presence in London.
We, at Charles Farris, know that everybody and every corporate body has a duty to protect the environment and we are dedicated in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. The commitment is embedded in our brand values and business strategy.
The key points of the strategy are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise pollution and reduce the impact on the environment.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- We are committed to efficient use of water and energy.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
- Monitor progress against targets and objectives on a regular basis.
- Consider environmental aspects and impacts as factors in business and operational decisions, always balanced with health, safety and quality considerations.
- Support environmental initiatives in the local community
Our business management system is the framework and foundation for all of the above. It will be continually improved as standards change and lessons are learned from audits, reviews, performance data and stakeholder feedback.